Monday, March 22, 2010

46 Days.

This last week has been a bit less busy in terms of Italy preparation due to a rise in things to do for this semester's classes. I have 2 papers due and an exam this week in addition to having a paper due in my English 4060 class right after Spring Break. English 4060 is the hardest class I've ever taken in my life, and because I will be traveling and volunteering for a large portion of my break, I'm working away at the paper piece by piece. It's killing me. Haha.

I ordered the photos I will be taking with me to show my family. I have pictures of my family, friends, and Cesar. When I go back to Independence this weekend I'm going to take pictures of my house, as well as other things that are important in the community (my schools, etc).
We also had a language meeting last week. We learned how to say a few sayings in Italian, which in all honesty, I have forgotten already. Oops. Because the audio repetition of phrases just isn't cutting it for me, I have borrowed Cesar's old Italian book and invested in an Italian dictionary/phrase book. I'm going to go through some of the easier lessons to get the basics such as hello, my name is, etc.

I've been working steadfastly on Cesar's present as well as completing other small assignments for the trip since it is technically a class. I have a paper I need to write, and a few other things I need to do. I researched the Opera House and the Piazza because I have to give a presentation on them at our next meeting on April 6th.

All in all, the trip is coming up faster than I ever imagined and I'm hoping that I make it through this semester without pulling my hair out so that I will be able to enjoy Italy and France and not have to wear a hat all the time. :)

Ciao a tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment