Monday, March 15, 2010

53 days and Counting.

I leave for Italy in exactly 53 days. I am already keeping myself awake at night trying to think about what clothes I'm going to take and how I'm going to fit everything I need for 5 weeks in a small suitcase. I'm extremely excited, but it blows my mind how many things I have to do (meetings, paperwork, etc.) before I can actually go. Classes get done on May 5th. I have tickets with Cesar to see DJ Pauly D that night. Then I'm planning on going to KC in the early afternoon on Thursday the 6th. As of right now, Cesar is planning on going to KC to go to the airport with me and my parents when I leave. I've started planning a surprise for him. He knows the main idea. Basically I'm going to leave a box full of envelopes labeled for certain days while I'm gone for him to open. Hopefully him opening those, his reactions to them, and the random communication we will have aside from that will be enough. 5 weeks is a long time to be gone, but I think it's going to be an amazing experience. Plus it will be so great to see him, my parents, and everyone else when I get back.

I'm also considering having a going away cook-out thing before I leave. I'm looking at the weekend before. Probably at Cesar's if that's okay with him since he has a grill and a trampoline.

We have a language meeting tomorrow to learn some basic words. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment