Monday, April 12, 2010

25 days!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the first post I will do now that it's officially LESS THAN A MONTH until I leave for Carpi. A lot of things have happened pertaining to the trip recently!

First, and most importantly!!!, I got my family assignment. :) :) :) I have a few pictures, but I'm only going to post one.

This is my host sister Asia. She's 6 years old and obviously beautiful. I'm so excited to meet her. My host dad is Andrea, he is a Director of Sales and Marketing for the European, Mid Eastern, and African regions for Brunswick Bowling. And my host mom is Alessandra, she is a middle school P.E. teacher. By the sounds of it they have a nice house, like spending time outdoors, and only live about a half mile from the school I will be working at.

Secondly, I got my school assignment. I will be working at Scuole Medie: Fassi. 5 of the 20+ students going will be here. It is actually the middle school that my host mom works at, so that will be really nice too. I don't have a classroom assignment yet, but I'm sure I will get that soon after I get there.

Thirdly, we got our final assignment books for the class portion of the trip. We have reflections we must do while we are abroad, and I have to write THREE lesson plans (40-50 minutes long) for the days when I will be teaching in a classroom. I have chosen to do one lesson on Futball vs. Football, one on Missouri/US symbols such as birds, flowers, trees, etc vs. Italy symbols, and the third on the history of Pop/Rock music in the United States. They will be mostly based on Vocab. I'm really excited.

We have our University orientation on Saturday followed by the parents meeting. We got our packing lists, dress codes, and activity calender at the last meeting too. It's getting very close.

Lately, I've been very busy with trying to wrap up the semester. I have a 6-8 page paper to write, 2 other papers to turn in, a group project, 2 presentations, 1 exam, and a final to finish in the next 3.5 weeks of class. Of course this is in addition to finishing my volunteer hours, observation hours, and all of my Italy preparations (lesson plans, buying gifts, packing, etc).

I'm very excited though! I'll write again next Monday.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment