Wednesday, June 2, 2010

FESTA!


Last night was the Festa. This year marks the 10th anniversary of this study abroad program. I wore a new dress that I bought here in Italy. We got there around 9:05. Everyone was dressed up pretty formally. Most of the American girls were wearing really high shoes, but I didn't even bring any with me. So I may have looked a little less elegant, but I think I won in the long run because the party was mostly on grass/cobble stone. Anyway, they had a lot of little snacks, sandwiches, and wine (and orange juice for the children). Basically for the first hour and a half or so we just socialized among ourselves. I introduced my host family to friends and the directors. Like I said, after about an hour and a half had passed (and a few glasses of wine) all of the American students went up on stage. We then introduced ourselves, said where we are from, and then introduced our familes (in Italian!). We presented certificates to our families as well as our schools. After that they served cake, fresh fruit, pastries, and more wine. Asia was tired and so were my parents and I so we left earlier than most.. but still weren't home until almost 1:00 am!


Today I think we're supposed to go to Verona, but I don't know if that's still happening. Until next time!
Ciao!!

No comments:

Post a Comment