Friday, May 21, 2010

Baseball burns.

Today I got up and went to school like usual. The first 2 hours of the day I spent attempting to teach the same lesson that I taught on Wednesday to another class. Today didn't go as well because the teacher Cinzia (Chin-see-uh) had to leave the room and once that happened the kids lost focus and kept side talking. We got through the book but I skipped right over the Q&A session about my University because they weren't focusing well enough on me talking to do it successfully. Instead I went right to handing out the letters and having them read them and write back. Unfortunately they were all most interested in talking to I actually had to get stern and halfway raise my voice at them to get them to work. When Cinzia came back she was very disappointed in their behavior.

After that class we took an hour break, and then Laura, Katie, and I went to another class and taught them how to play baseball. First we drew a diagram situation on the board:

After explaining things inside we took the students outside and played. They caught on pretty quickly. We did the same lesson type thing in the last class of the day. But unluckily for me, it was hot and sunny today so I am red like a lobster now. :(

This afternoon we went to the Carpi Civil Museum. It's basically a bunch of stuff about the history of the city and the city center, etc. It was informative, but it got boring at times. If you didn't know though, Carpi is one of the major fashion production cities in Europe. Here are some pictures from the museum and the art exhibit that was in the building too.







Andrea is coming home from out of town late tonight. Tomorrow I finally get to sleep in. Tomorrow night we are going out to dinner, and on Sunday Alle, Asia, cousin Georgia and I are going to Milan to see Beauty and the Beast (IN ITALIAN!).

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment